Western North Carolina – The following area students have been recognized by the educational institutes of higher learning they attend:
Bob Jones University
• Caleb Tuttle has been named to the cast of Bob Jones University’s upcoming production of A Tale of Two Cities: The Musical March 9, 12 – 13. Tuttle is a resident of Hendersonville and will be featured as Bailiff and Soldier in the production, which will be mounted in BJU’s 2600-seat Rodeheaver Auditorium.
Georgia Institute of Technology
• Nicholas Kiratzis of Fletcher, NC has earned a Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering with Honors from the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta. Kiratzis was among approximately 3,800 undergraduate and graduate students who earned their degrees during the Fall 2020 semester and were recognized during the Institute’s 259th Commencement exercises December 11-12, 2020, at Bobby Dodd Stadium.
Coastal Carolina University
• 930 undergraduate students at Coastal Carolina University were named to the President’s List for the Fall 2020 semester. That’s 10 percent of the student body with a 4.0 GPA for the fall semester. Students earning a spot on the President’s List include:
Kaylie Taylor a Recreation and Sport Management major from Arden
Keela Wells a Marine Science major from Flat Rock
• Sarah Leahy of Asheville was named to the Cedarville University Dean’s List for fall 2020. This recognition required Leahy to maintain a 3.5 minimum GPA while carrying a minimum of 12 credit hours during fall semester 2020.
University of the Cumberlands
• In recognition of academic performance, the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs at the University of the Cumberlands has announced that Cailee Owens of Weaverville was named to the Dean’s List for the fall 2020 semester. To be eligible for the Dean’s List, students must be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours (a full course load), maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.50, and be in good academic standing.
• Marjorie Rogers of Black Mountain achieved a perfect 4.0 GPA during the Fall 2020 semester, earning a spot on the Provost’s List at Hofstra University.
Kennesaw State University
• Benny Davis of Asheville was named to Kennesaw State University’s Dean’s List for the Fall 2020 semester. Students named to the Dean’s List were enrolled in at least nine credit hours of courses and earned a grade point average of at least 3.5.
• Presbyterian College is proud to recognize Ms. Jaiden Paige Tweed, of Black Mountain, for making the Dean’s List during the Fall 2020 semester. The Dean’s List is composed of students who have earned between a 3.3 and a 3.9-grade point average.
University of Delaware
• Alexander Holguin of Asheville has been named to the University of Delaware Dean’s List for the Fall 2020 semester. To meet eligibility requirements for the Dean’s List, a student must be enrolled full-time and earn a GPA of 3.5 or above (on a 4.0 scale) for the semester.
• The following local residents were named to the Dean’s List at Hamilton College for the 2020 fall semester:
Audrey Chor of Asheville. Chor, a senior majoring in art and mathematics, is a graduate of T C Roberson High School.
Julien Swoap of Asheville. Swoap, a first-year student, is a graduate of Martin L. Nesbitt, Jr. Discovery Academy.
Sofia Swoap of Asheville. Swoap, a first-year student, is a graduate of Martin L. Nesbitt, Jr. Discovery Academy.
To be named to the Dean’s List, a student must have carried throughout the semester a course load of four or more graded credits with an average of 3.5 or above.