Western North Carolina – The following area students have been recognized by their institutes of higher learning:
The following students were named to the winter 2021 quarter Dean’s List at Palmer College of Chiropractic’s Florida campus in Port Orange, Fla.
• Matthew Abel of Hendersonville, NC has been named to the winter 2021 quarter Dean’s List at Palmer College of Chiropractic.
• Rachel Kordonowy of Mills River, NC has been named to the winter 2021 quarter Dean’s List at Palmer College of Chiropractic.
Phi Kappa Phi
The following people recently were initiated into The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, the nation’s oldest and most selective collegiate honor society for all academic disciplines.
• Laurie Worth of Candler (28715) at East Carolina University
• Adrien McDonald-Ussery of Mills River (28759) at East Carolina University
• Alexa Hinrichs of Asheville (28801) at The University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
William Nichols of Asheville, North Carolina, was recently initiated into The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi. Nichols was initiated at the University of North Carolina Wilmington. Nichols is among approximately 30,000 students, faculty, professional staff and alumni to be initiated into Phi Kappa Phi each year.
• Elijah Cormier of Alexander (28701) has been placed on the Gettysburg College Dean’s Honor List for outstanding academic achievement in the Fall 2020 semester. Students with a quality point average of 3.60 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) for a semester’s work are placed on the College’s Dean’s Honor List.